Community and Charitable Support
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”
– Winston Churchill
Since 1947, Galfand Berger has stood on the side of injured workers, consumers and individuals. Our firm’s mission is unequivocal: to secure full and just compensation for people who have suffered injustices and injuries. And, we are a firm that puts our words into action not only in the courtroom but also in our community. Galfand Berger, our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys, and our staff have a long history of giving back to the communities we serve. We are proud to support the vital work of groups like:
The Legal Clinic for the Disabled (LCD): The LCDprovides free high-quality legal services to low-income people with physical disabilities and to the deaf and hard of hearing.
Support Center for Child Advocates: The Support Center for Child Advocates is the country’s oldest and largest probono legal and social services agency for children. The Center’s mission is to advocate for abused and neglected children in Philadelphia, with the goal of securing a permanent, nurturing environment for every child.
The Homeless Advocacy Project: HAP exists to meet the legal and advocacy needs of homeless individuals and families in Philadelphia. With a legal staff of six and a corps of 300 volunteer lawyers, paralegals, and law students, HAP engages in direct outreach to homeless individuals in need of legal services.
Philly VIP: VIP promotes equal justice for the poor by providing civil legal services not otherwise available, collaborating with other legal services organizations and promoting a culture of volunteerism by educating and exposing attorneys and law students to issues of poverty.
Kids’ Chance of Pennsylvania, Inc.: The mission of Kids’ Chance is to provide financial support for college and vocational education — through scholarship grants — to children of Pennsylvania workers who have been killed or seriously injured in a work-related accident.
The Martha J. Hampton Award: This award is named after the former partner of Galfand Berger LLP who displayed an exemplary commitment to protecting the rights of injured workers. It is presented each year to the attorney or judge who best exemplifies Ms. Hampton’s dedication, professionalism and good will. A donation, in the recipient’s name, is made each year to Kids’ Chance.
Peggy Browning Fund: Established in memory of Margaret A. Browning, a prominent labor attorney and member of the National Labor Relations Board under President Clinton, the Fund’s mission is to provide law students with diverse, challenging work and educational experiences in the area of workers’ rights. Such unique and positive opportunities will both increase students’ understanding of workers’ needs as well as promote their entry into the practice of public interest labor law.
Urban League of Philadelphia: provides direct services, research and policy advocacy to help underserved populations reach their fullest potential.
The Philadelphia Area Project on Occupational Safety and Health — or PhilaPosh — is made up of unions, health and legal professionals working together since 1975 for a safe and protected workplace as well as for the rights of injured workers. Read a Special Acknowledgement from PhilaPOSH.
Our Philadelphia personal injury law firm also supports events hosted by workers’ rights groups such as the United Labor Council of Reading and Berks County and the Chester County AFL-CIO COPE. And, our staff embodies the firm’s core values of volunteerism by donating their time, resources, and energy to crucial issues, like: breast cancer awareness, homelessness, poverty and hunger, student mentoring, community civic associations, and access to the legal system for the impoverished, disabled and needy.
Read more about our firm and our champion’s of kindness — fighting for you in the courts and in our community:
- Marla Soffer Elected to Fleisher Art Memorial Board of Directors
- Attorney Norman Weinstein: Giving Back to Our Community
- Galfand Berger Attorney Deenah Kogan Provides Pro Bono Work For Philadelphia’s Expungement Clinic
- Our Holiday Gift List
- Galfand Berger Donates To Philabundance’s 2016 Camp Out For Hunger Campaign
- Galfand Berger Attorney, Deenah Z. Kogan: A Lawyer Making Change Happen
- Labor Day 2016: Marching for Workers
- Galfand Berger Supports Esperanza Immigration Legal Services Event
- Workers’ Memorial Day Event
- Associate Attorneys at Galfand Berger Volunteer at Citizenship Day
- Philadelphia Personal Injury Law Firm’s Charitable Donations for 2015
- Philadelphia Personal Injury Law Firm Gives Back this Holiday Season
- Galfand Berger Accepts White Hat Award
- Leaders in the Community
- Galfand Berger Supports the Mexican Independence Day Festival 2014
- Galfand Berger to Receive White Hat Award
- Team Galfand Berger: Running for a Good Cause
- Galfand Berger Attorney Marla Soffer Participates in Financial Literacy Week with the Mexican Consulate
- Galfand Berger: Commitment to Community
- This Holiday Season: Remembering the Victims of Hurricane Sandy
- Galfand Berger: 65 Years Of Paying It Forward
- Kids Chance Has Awarded More Than $1,000,000 in Scholarships Since 2002
- Remembering September 11
- Martha J. Hampton Memorial Award Presented to Michael Mulvey
- Galfand Berger Supports the Martin Luther King, Jr., Memorial
- Cooking Up Justice
- A Year of Giving
- Martha J. Hampton Memorial Award Presented to William J. McKee
- Galfand Berger Food Drive!
- Martha J. Hampton Memorial Award Presented to Judge Scott Olin
- Arthur Bugay Receives Award from the American Diabetes Association
- Arthur Bugay: Ironman With A Heart of Gold
- Martha J. Hampton Memorial Award Presented to Judge Pamela Santoro
- Mike Malvey: Biking to Fight Cancer and Honor His Mom
- Arthur Bugay – Charity’s Ironman
- Galfand Berger’s Phillies Phans!
- Galfand Berger at MapleGrove Raceway