Helping injured people since 1947

Premises Liability Lawyers in Philadelphia

If you are injured in an accident caused by dangerous conditions on the property of another, such as the steps or pavement of a private home or an apartment complex, you may be able to file a premises liability claim against the owner, property manager, or tenant who is legally obligated to maintain the premises where the injury occurred.

A dangerous condition on someone else’s property can also include a building that is not secured from criminal activity. Injuries that result from dangerous conditions in places such as amusement parks or playgrounds may also result in a claim against the owner. In addition to the building owner, property manager or tenant, a claim may also be brought against an architect if the dangerous or unsafe condition was caused by a negligent design. Sometimes this will include a claim against a builder or contractor as well, because they may also be responsible for injuries caused by the failure to perform the construction in a professional manner or failure to comply with applicable building codes.

If you were injured in an accident due to unsafe conditions on someone else’s property, here are some of the questions you may have:

The insurance company has contacted me. Do I need a lawyer?

Yes. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident or have sustained any other type of injury on someone else’s property and have been contacted by an insurance company, it is important that you understand their real agenda in your case. First, know that insurance reps are not your friends. They are not looking out for your best interest—instead, they are looking out for their own interest.

Insurance companies exist for one purpose—to make money. Insurance companies make money by selling insurance and receiving premium payments. They invest this money and make even more. Insurance companies lose money by paying people who were hurt in slip and fall accidents and other premises liability issues that were caused by the people they insure. That is why you need our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers to represent you and negotiate the best settlement possible for your claim; we are familiar with how insurance companies work and can communicate with them on your behalf.

What do I have to prove to win my case?

You must prove at least one of the following to have a clear-cut liability case:

  • The property owner or occupier was responsible for the unsafe condition and the subsequent slip and fall or other liability accident (for example by not cleaning up after something was spilled)
  • The property owner or occupier was aware of the unsafe condition on the property and did not try to correct it (for example by not cleaning up foreign material on the floor after noticing it)
  • The property owner knew or should have known about a dangerous condition, for example a condition in which a reasonable person would have found the problem that caused the injury and taken steps to correct it.

What if the government owns the premises?

When it comes to government properties such as public parks, the federal or state government may be legally responsibility for personal injuries that occur on the premises. The Federal Tort Claims Act or similar state or municipal claim laws cover premises liability cases against the government. Such cases must be filed within a certain time limit.

Contact the Experienced Philadelphia Premises Liability Lawyers at Galfand Berger

If you or a loved one has been injured, we are happy to answer your questions and have one of our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers review your case for free. Please call us at 1-800-222-USWA (8792) or complete our short contact form and a member of our firm will contact you.

With offices in Philadelphia, Lancaster, Bethlehem and Reading, we serve clients throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.  And, remember, there is no fee unless we recover for you.

See some of the recoveries that we have obtained for our clients here. 

Awards and Recognition

Galfand Berger, LLP

Attorney Advertising Materials. Wayne A. Hamilton is responsible for the content of this website. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

With offices in Philadelphia, Lancaster, Bethlehem and Reading, we serve clients throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

We work to protect the rights of clients who have been injured as a result of car accidents, defective products, unsafe equipment and machinery, workplace accidents, medical malpractice and any other serious injuries or accidents.

Galfand Berger LLP is located in Philadelphia, PA and serves clients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, including Bala Cynwyd, Merion Station, Wynnewood, Philadelphia, Narberth, Gladwyne, Elkins Park, Cheltenham, Wyncote, Upper Darby, Ardmore, Glenside, Lafayette Hill, Havertown, Haverford, Flourtown, Darby, Oreland, Jenkintown, Drexel Hill, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County.

Contact Info
Phone: 1-800-222-USWA (8792)

Maps and Directions