Premises Liability Lawyers in Philadelphia
- The insurance company has contacted me. Do I need a lawyer?
- What do I have to prove to win my case?
- What if the premises are owned by the government?
- Premises Liability Recoveries
If you are injured in an accident caused by the dangerous condition on the property of another such as the steps and pavement of a private home or an apartment complex, you may be able to file a premises liability claim against the owner, property manager, or tenant who was supposed to maintain the premises where the injury occurred. A dangerous condition on someone else’s property may also include a building that is not secured from criminal activity. Injuries that result from dangerous conditions in places such as amusement parks or playgrounds may also result in claims against the owner. In addition to the building owner, the property manager, or tenant a claim may be brought against architects if a dangerous or unsafe condition was caused by a negligent design, builder, or contractor. They may also be responsible for injuries caused by the failure to perform the construction in a professional manner or failure to comply with applicable building codes.
The Philadelphia premises liability attorneys at Galfand Berger are experienced in representing victims of serious injury or death due to dangerous conditions on someone else’s property. We can provide excellent representation to you or your loved ones. We serve clients throughout Pennsylvania including the areas of Allentown, Harrisburg, Reading and Bethlehem as well as in New Jersey.
We will be happy to answer any questions and review your case for free. Please call us at 1-800-222-USWA (8792) to schedule an appointment with a qualified Philadelphia premises liability lawyer or click here to complete a short form. A member of our firm will contact you promptly. There is no fee unless we recover money for you.
Here are some questions you may have:
Yes. If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident it is important that you understand the real agenda of the insurance company in your case. First, understand that insurance reps are not your friends. They are not looking out for your interest. They are looking out for their own interest.
Insurance companies exist for one purpose—to make money. Insurance companies make money by selling insurance and receiving premium payments. They invest this money and make even more money. Insurance companies lose money by paying our money to people who were hurt in slip and fall accident caused by the people they insure. That is why you need our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers to represent you and negotiate the best settlement possible for your claim.
You must prove at least one of the following to have a clear-cut liability case:
- The property owner or occupier was responsible for the unsafe condition and the subsequent slip and fall accidents (for example by not cleaning up after something was spilled)
- The property owner or occupier was aware of the unsafe condition of the property and did not try to correct it (for example by not cleaning up foreign material on the floor after noticing it)
- The property owner knew or should have known about a dangerous condition where a reasonable person would have found the problem that caused the injury and taken steps to correct the condition.
When it comes to government properties such as public parks, the federal or state government may be legally responsibility for personal injuries that occur on the premises. Premises liability cases against the government are covered by either the Federal Tort Claims Act or similar state or municipal claims laws. Such cases must be brought within a certain time limit.
Contact the Experienced Philadelphia Premises Liability Lawyers at Galfand Berger
Our Philadelphia personal injury law firm is experienced in representing victims of serious injury or death due to slip and fall accidents and other premises liability cases. Our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys are happy to answer any questions and review your case for free. Please call us at 1-800-222-USWA (8792) to schedule a consultation with one of our qualified Philadelphia premises liability lawyers or complete our short contact form and a member of our firm will contact you. There is no fee unless we recover money for you.
- $2.5 Mil. Settlement For Fall From Tanker Truck
- $1,750,000 Recovery-Premises Liability-Dram Shop Action
- $1,400,000 Verdict For Worker Who Fell From Truck
- $565,000 Settlement for Truck Driver in Premises Liability Accident
- $500,000 Settlement for Eye Injuries Sustained At A Paintball Facility
- $425,000 recovery at mediation
- $350,000.00 settlement for slip and fall at Bucks County hospital
- $240,000 Recovery in a Montgomery County Slip and Fall on Ice Case
- Girl Falls from Sliding Board
- Elderly Woman Injured at Museum
- Teenager Injured at Sports Exhibit
- Girl Suffers Broken Arm from Playground Injury
- Client Nearly Ejected from Amusement Park Ride