Helping injured people since 1947

Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers

Serving Allentown, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, all of Pennsylvania & New Jersey

It is a fact of life. Mistakes are made by healthcare professionals. Medical malpractice mistakes are made during testing, diagnosis, treatment, and care of patients. The Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyers at Galfand Berger can help you file a claim. Legal action can be taken against these healthcare professionals and institutions:

  • Doctors
  • Nurses
  • Aides
  • Psychiatrists
  • Dentists
  • Other healthcare workers
  • Hospitals
  • Nursing homes
  • Other facilities

What is medical malpractice?

Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider is negligent – either performing or omitting something that is considered standard medical practice – and causes injury to the patient through that negligence.

If a treatment or procedure was not successful, is that medical malpractice?

Medical professionals cannot guarantee medical results. When an unexpected or unsuccessful result occurs it does not necessarily mean there was malpractice.

How do I know if I have a medical malpractice case?

If you feel you have a case, talk to one of our Allentown medical malpractice lawyers as soon as possible. Tell your attorney what happened starting with your first visit. Remember to bring your medical records with you.

To prove medical malpractice you must show that:

1. Your healthcare provider had a legal duty to provide care or treatment for you.

2. That duty was breached because the provider failed to provide you with the appropriate care that another healthcare worker would have provided.

3. That breach caused an injury.

4. You suffered monetary or emotional damages as a result of the injury.

Did I waive my right to recover for medical malpractice if I signed a consent form?

No. You may still recover if you can show that your doctor was negligent and that you were injured due to that doctor’s negligence. Galfand Berger’s Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyers are skilled litigators who will aggressively fight for your rights and pursue the maximum financial recovery for your injuries.

Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers: Client Recoveries

Contact a Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Attorney Today

The Philadelphia medical malpractice attorneys at our firm have experience in representing victims of poor medicalcare and medical malpractice in Philadelphia, throughout Pennsylvania and in New Jersey. We can provide excellent representation to the victims of such care. A Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyer of Galfand Berger will be happy to answer any questions and review your case for free. Please call us at 1-800-222-USWA (8792) or complete our short contact form and a member of our firm will contact you. There is no fee unless we recover money for you.

Awards and Recognition

Galfand Berger, LLP

Attorney Advertising Materials. Wayne A. Hamilton is responsible for the content of this website. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.

We serve clients in Philadelphia, Allentown, Harrisburg, Reading, throughout Pennsylvania and in New Jersey. Our offices are located in Philadelphia, Reading, and Bethlehem, Pa.

We work to protect the rights of clients who have been injured as a result of car accidents, defective products, unsafe equipment and machinery, workplace accidents, medical malpractice and any other serious injuries or accidents.

Galfand Berger LLP is located in Philadelphia, PA and serves clients in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, including Bala Cynwyd, Merion Station, Wynnewood, Philadelphia, Narberth, Gladwyne, Elkins Park, Cheltenham, Wyncote, Upper Darby, Ardmore, Glenside, Lafayette Hill, Havertown, Haverford, Flourtown, Darby, Oreland, Jenkintown, Drexel Hill, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County.

Contact Info
Phone: 1-800-222-USWA (8792)

Maps and Directions