Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Serving Allentown, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, all of Pennsylvania & New Jersey
- What is medical malpractice?
- If a treatment or procedure was not successful, is that medical malpractice?
- How do I know if I have a medical malpractice case?
- Did I waive my right to recover for medical malpractice if I signed a consent form?
- Galfand Berger Medical Malpractice Lawyers: Client Recoveries
It is a fact of life. Mistakes are made by healthcare professionals. Medical malpractice mistakes are made during testing, diagnosis, treatment, and care of patients. The Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyers at Galfand Berger can help you file a claim. Legal action can be taken against these healthcare professionals and institutions:
- Other healthcare workers
- Nursing homes
- Other facilities
What is medical malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider is negligent – either performing or omitting something that is considered standard medical practice – and causes injury to the patient through that negligence.
If a treatment or procedure was not successful, is that medical malpractice?
How do I know if I have a medical malpractice case?
If you feel you have a case, talk to one of our Allentown medical malpractice lawyers as soon as possible. Tell your attorney what happened starting with your first visit. Remember to bring your medical records with you.
To prove medical malpractice you must show that:
1. Your healthcare provider had a legal duty to provide care or treatment for you.
2. That duty was breached because the provider failed to provide you with the appropriate care that another healthcare worker would have provided.
3. That breach caused an injury.
- 4. You suffered monetary or emotional damages as a result of the injury.
Did I waive my right to recover for medical malpractice if I signed a consent form?
No. You may still recover if you can show that your doctor was negligent and that you were injured due to that doctor’s negligence. Galfand Berger’s Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyers are skilled litigators who will aggressively fight for your rights and pursue the maximum financial recovery for your injuries.
- $2,100,000 Recovery In Failed Cardiac Resuscitation Case
- $1,300,000 Settlement for Failure to Diagnose Infection
- $800,000 Settlement for Perforation of Intestines
- $800,000 Settlement for Failure to Diagnose Heart Problems
- $425,000 for Misdiagnosis of Cancer
Contact a Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
The Philadelphia medical malpractice attorneys at our firm have experience in representing victims of poor medicalcare and medical malpractice in Philadelphia, throughout Pennsylvania and in New Jersey. We can provide excellent representation to the victims of such care. A Philadelphia medical malpractice lawyer of Galfand Berger will be happy to answer any questions and review your case for free. Please call us at 1-800-222-USWA (8792) or complete our short contact form and a member of our firm will contact you. There is no fee unless we recover money for you.