18 Wheeler, Tractor–Trailer & Semi Truck Accident Attorneys in Pennsylvania
With Offices in Philadelphia, Bethlehem, Lancaster & Reading
Trucks make up a large number of the vehicles on the roadways, highways, turnpikes and interstates. These large transporters have many names, almost all of which are based on how they are constructed. Some common terms for these trucks are 18–wheeler, semi truck, and tractor–trailer.
No matter what they are called, they are one of the leading causes of fatal accidents on our roadways. The considerable size and weight of these vehicles make them a substantial risk for people operating smaller passenger cars. All too often a harried driver on a deadline or an operator is guilty of working more hours than are deemed safe, which can lead to deadly collisions.
If you or a loved one is the victim of a commercial truck driver’s negligence, please contact the qualified legal team of Pennsylvania accident lawyers at Galfand Berger who can assist you in getting compensated for what you have lost. The truck accident lawyers of Galfand Berger are experienced Philadelphia 18–wheeler accident lawyers who have handled 18-wheeler, semi-truck and tractor–trailer accidents in Philadelphia, throughout Pennsylvania and in New Jersey.
Causes of Semi Truck, Tractor-Trailer and 18–Wheeler Accidents
When a semi truck, 18–wheeler or tractor–trailer collides with a smaller vehicle, there can be many causes, such as reckless driving, driving under the influence and distracted driving. Some contributing factors are unique to the operation of large trucks for commercial purposes. These reasons behind why a collision occurred are not a justification. Often, they are preventable circumstances that, when ignored, lead to a crash. They include:
- Driver fatigue
- Driver under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Distracted driving, including when a driver is texting or using their cell phone while operating the vehicle
- Driver not being able to stop in time to avoid a crash
- Driver inexperience or poor training
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Jackknifing (where the truck and the trailer form an L or a V shape)
- Brake or other mechanical failure due to negligent maintenance of the tractor or trailer
The truck accident attorneys at Galfand Berger have achieved many successful recoveries for victims of tractor–trailer accidents in Philadelphia, throughout Pennsylvania and in New Jersey. Our semi truck accident attorneys in Philadelphia can guide you through determining what factors led to your collision.
Why you Need a Skilled 18–Wheeler, Semi Truck or Tractor–Trailer Accident Attorney
The development of a lawsuit when you suffer an injury in an accident with a commercial truck is complex. It requires an understanding of the numerous parties involved that may be responsible for any and all of the events that led to your accident.
If you have been involved in a semi truck accident in Philadelphia, you need a tractor–trailer accident lawyer who:
- can prove driver and or company liability. Not only can the driver be liable for his or her mistakes, but also the company he or she works for can be accountable for over-looking unsafe work activities. Proving these parties are obligated to compensate you for your losses entails gathering evidence and expert witness testimony. At Galfand Berger our semi truck accident attorneys know how to build a case that will prove that the driver or company were at fault.
- knows the laws that regulate commercial vehicles. The laws regulating the operation of commercial vehicles are very complicated. The federal government has one set of laws that each state must adhere to and individual states may have additional rules. All of these regulations must be followed. Our 18–wheeler accident attorneys in Philadelphia have an appreciation of these complex laws and can determine if the underlying safety measures were disregarded.
Contact a Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyer in Philadelphia
If you or a loved one has been injured, we are happy to answer your questions and have one of our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers review your case for free. Please call us at 1-800-222-USWA (8792) or complete our short contact form and a member of our firm will contact you.
With offices in Philadelphia, Lancaster, Bethlehem and Reading, we serve clients throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. And, remember, there is no fee unless we recover for you.