Philadelphia Auto Accident Attorneys
Serving Allentown, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, all of Pennsylvania & New Jersey
- What should I do if I am involved in a car accident?
- How do I know if I have a case?
- What if I am partly at fault in the accident?
- How much does an attorney cost?
- Galfand Berger Auto Accident Recoveries
The Philadelphia auto accident lawyers at Galfand Berger help our clients through the turmoil and confusion that follows an auto accident.
We help clients get fair and just compensation for injuries caused by car accidents
A serious accident can leave a client unable to work and have large medical bills. Our auto accident attorneys concentrate our efforts on getting our clients a fair settlement or trial verdict so their needs are met. The department also represents clients in bad-faith litigation—where an insurance company delays a claim, refuses to pay a legitimate claim, or fails to act as it should under the law.
A Philadelphia auto accident lawyer of Galfand Berger will be happy to answer any questions and review your case for free. Please call us at 1-800-222-USWA (8792) or complete our short contact form and a member of our firm will contact you. There is no fee unless we recover money for you.
What should I do if I am involved in a car accident?
- Call the police immediately and ask them to come to the scene
- Exchange names, addresses, car registration, license information, license plate number and proof of insurance (insurance card) with other driver
- Get names and addresses of witnesses
- Seek necessary medical attention and inform the doctor that you were involved in an auto accident
- Notify your insurance company ;
- Take pictures of damage
Things you should not do:
- Do not give any statements to anyone except the police until you speak with an automobile accident attorney.
- Do not move the cars from the auto accident scene before the police arrive unless the cars create a traffic hazard.
- Do not leave the scene of an auto accident before the police arrive unless the need for medical care requires you to do so.
If you are hit by an unidentified driver who flees the accident scene, you must immediately report this fact to the police. If you fail to do this, you may be prevented from collecting uninsured motorist benefits.
If you are in a serious accident, you should get the advice of an automobile accident lawyer with experience in personal injury and car accidents. For auto accidents in Philadelphia and Pennsylvania, you have only two years to file your case in court or your claim is barred. Prompt investigation and the preservation of evidence are the best actions to protect your legal rights.Generally, most auto accident attorneys do not charge for an initial consultation. After discussing the facts of your case, the attorney can advise you whether you should pursue the matter.
The law in Pennsylvania provides that you can be up to 50% responsible for an accident and still be compensated for your damages (reduced by your percentage of fault). Usually, a thorough investigation of an auto accident is required before any conclusions can be reached about who caused an accident.
For example, many people think that if they received a ticket for an auto accident and paid it they cannot make a claim. This is not true. A knowledgeable Philadelphia auto accident attorney will tell you that payment of a traffic ticket is not admissible evidence in court. Likewise, a police officer’s opinion of who was at fault is not usually admissible evidence unless the officer actually witnessed the accident.
Other expenses involved in pursuing an auto accident case include the cost of getting medical records, hiring medical experts, investigators and other costs for litigation. Our firm usually pays all these expenses. If there is no recovery, we do not charge clients for any expenses. If our Philadelphia auto accident attorneys are successful in making a recovery for the client, then part of the recovery is used to reimburse us for these expenses.
- $4,500,000 Settlement for Spinal Injury
- $3,000,000 Settlement in Tractor-Trailer Accident
- $2,000,000 Recovery For Accident Involving Construction Truck
- $1,750,000 Settlement for Turnpike Employees Injured by Speeding Truck Driver
- $1,500,000 Recovery When Auto Hits Pedestrian
- $1,183,183 Verdict for a Tractor Trailer Injury
- $1,100,000 Settlement for Closed Head Injury
- $1,000,000 Verdict for Automobile Accident
- $900,000 Settlement for Northampton County Rental Car Accident
- $875,000 Award – Uninsured Motorist Claim
- $825,000 for Woman Injured in Auto Accident
- $750,000 Settlement for Herniated Disc in Neck
- $729,813 Recovery for Traveling Salesman
- Client Recovers $715,000 Following Tractor-Trailer Accident
- $590,000 Settlement for Accident Resulting from Icy Roadway
- $510,000 Verdict For Client Struck On Picket Line
- $500,000 Settlement Where Transport Truck Was Hit
- $475,000 Settlement for Maintenance Worker in Motor Vehicle Accident
- $365,000 Recovery for Injured Pedestrian
Our Pennsylvania personal injury attorneys help clients get fair and just compensation for injuries caused by car accidents, Contact us.