Multiple Galfand Berger Attorneys Selected for 2017 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Awards
Galfand Berger is proud to announce that Norman Weinstein, Arthur Bugay, Richard Jurewicz and Peter Patton have all been named to the 2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list. Attorney Michael Malvey was named to the 2017 Pennsylvania Rising Star List, an award that is unique to attorneys under the age of 40.
Each year our attorneys demonstrate their dedication to their practice areas and clients, as well as the needs of the surrounding community. You can learn more about these attorneys below.
Meet Galfand Berger’s 2017 Super Lawyers!
- Norman Weinstein is chair of Galfand Berger’s Community Outreach and Social Action program and practices in the areas of Workers’ Compensation as well as personal injury litigation. Norman has been recognized for his pro-bono work, having provided legal services to people through the Support Center for Child Advocates, Legal Clinic for the Disabled, and Philadelphia Volunteers of the Indigent Program (VIP).
- Arthur Bugay’s practice areas include personal injury, products’ liability, negligent security and construction accident litigation. In addition to his work in the firm’s Personal Injury Department, Arthur is an advocate for disabled and injured children and for the elderly, the latter focusing upon nursing home negligence. He is an active volunteer for the indigent and has been honored with the Award for Outstanding Service by the Consumer Bankruptcy Assistance Project.
- Richard Jurewicz represents people who have been injured by malfunctioning and defective equipment, tools and machinery. He is responsible for some of Galfand Berger’s largest verdicts and settlements, earning more than $185 million in recoveries. Rick has had numerous published opinions on the cases he has handled. He is the author of several articles on product liability, product safety and construction litigation and has lectured on such topics as products liability, construction litigation and hand injury cases.
- Peter Patton represents victims of malfunctioning products as well as people who have been in automobile and construction accidents. Peter has published articles in professional journals and texts. His cases have been the subject of some twenty published judicial opinions. He is active in the brain injury field and has developed experience in representing survivors of brain injury.
Galfand Berger’s Rising Star of 2017:
- Michael Malvey represents personal injury victims who have been hurt in construction, automobile, premises liability and other types of accidents. Proficient in Spanish, Mike sits on the Board of Directors at Esperanza Immigration Legal Services, which provides low-cost legal services to immigrants and their families.
Both the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars awards are given after a vigorous selection process. Attorneys are selected through peer recommendation, professional achievement and third-party feedback. Each candidate is then further evaluated based on twelve indicators including verdicts and settlements, pro bono and community services, experience, special licenses and certifications and more. Only 2.5% of all Pennsylvania attorneys are selected for inclusion on the Rising Star list and a mere 5% for the Super Lawyer award.
Our attorneys are dedicated to representing the needs of their clients and to provide support to the community through pro bono services and outreach. If you have any questions or would like to reach one of our firm’s Super Lawyers or Rising Stars, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Philadelphia Lawyers at Galfand Berger, LLP Have Extensive Experience Helping Injured Victims
If you have been injured or need legal help, call or write to speak with one of our attorneys. With offices located in Philadelphia, Reading, Lancaster and Bethlehem, we serve clients throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. To schedule a consultation, call us at 800-222-8792 or complete our online contact form.