Leaders in the Community
Galfand Berger attorneys have been recognized as leaders in the community. In 2014, our attorneys had many noteworthy accomplishments including awards and honors, article publications, and seminar presentations. Below is a sampling of our attorney achievements:
- Arthur Bugay was selected a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer and selected to The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Pennsylvania Lawyers for 2014. Arthur was also published (again!) in the Pennsylvania Bar Association Quarterly;
- Debra Jensen was selected a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer; received the Legal Clinic for the Disabled’s (LCD) White Hat award on behalf of our firm; was included in Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America; and comitted her time to the LCD’s Board of Directors;
- Richard Jurewicz was selected a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer for the tenth consecutive year (and again included as one of the Top 100 lawyers in Pennsylvania on that list). Rick was also selected to The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Pennsylvania Lawyers for 2014 and and was included in Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America. Additionally, Rick presented at numerous professional seminars;
- Michael Malvey was selected to the 2014 Pennsylvania Rising Stars list and continued his active role on the Esperanza Immigration Legal Services (EILS) Board of Directors;
- Michael McGurrin has presented workers’ compensation and employment and labor law seminars to various unions and he remains involved with the Workers’ Compensation Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association and its Martha Hamption Award;
- Peter Patton was included on the Pennsylvania Super Lawyer list, selected to The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Pennsylvania Lawyers for 2014, included in Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America; and included on the American Society of Legal Advocates Top 100 Litigation Lawyers in Pennsylvania.
- Gabriela Raful presented a number of seminars during Hispanic Heritage Month in Berks County, appeared on local radio and TV to discuss issues important to workers in Pennsylvania, was selected as Co-Chair of the Berks Bar Association Minority Lawyers Section and joined the Berks County Bar Association’s Public Notary Task Force.
- Marla Soffer, in collaboration with non-profit groups and Consulates, presented seminars on important workers’ rights, safety and disability issues;
- Norman Weinstein was included on the Pennsylvania Super Lawyer list and presented numerous seminars through his many volunteer activities; and
- Henry Yampolsky was selected to the 2014 Pennsylvania Rising Star list; lectured on the immigrant experience at Temple Business School’s Law and Society Honors Class; and taught Law 101 classes to newly arrived immigrants at the New World Business School.