Galfand Berger is proud to announce that Super Lawyers has selected attorneys Rick Jurewicz, Peter Patton, Arthur Bugay, and Norman Weinstein to the 2018 Super Lawyers list. In addition, Super Lawyers has named Bradley Smith as a 2018 Rising Star!
What are Super Lawyers and Rising Stars?
Both the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars awardees undergo a vigorous selection process. Super Lawyers selects attorneys through peer recommendation, professional achievement and third-party feedback. Each candidate is then further evaluated based on twelve indicators including verdicts and settlements, pro bono and community services, experience, special licenses, certifications, and more.
In fact, only 5% of all Pennsylvania attorneys receive this distinction. Moreover, only 2.5% of Pennsylvania attorneys, under the age of 40, receive the Rising Star award!
Galfand Berger’s 2018 Super Lawyers Honorees
- Richard Jurewicz represents people injured by malfunctioning and defective equipment, tools and machinery. He is responsible for some of Galfand Berger’s largest verdicts and settlements, earning nearly $200 million in recoveries. Rick is the author of several articles on products liability, product safety and construction litigation and frequently lectures on these topics. Rick is also co-founder of Kids’ Chance of Pennsylvania, a non-profit that provides scholarships to children whose parents have been injured or killed in a work-related accident.
- Peter Patton handles products liability and construction accident cases. He has published articles in professional journals and texts. In addition, Peter’s cases have been the subject of some twenty published judicial opinions. Peter has also achieved some of Galfand Berger’s largest jury verdicts, and always prioritizes providing personal attention to his injured clients.
- Arthur Bugay works in the firm’s personal injury department, practicing construction accident litigation, products liability and motor vehicle and premises cases. Arthur serves on the Amicus Curiae Committee of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and volunteers with the Legal Clinic for the Disabled (LCD) and other organizations that assist indigent individuals throughout the community.
- Norman Weinstein practices Workers’ Compensation and personal injury law, and has a longstanding history of dedication to social services and community outreach. Not only is he on the Northeast Philadelphia’s Health Center Planning Project steering committee, but also the past President of the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, or HIAS. Currently, Norm is developing the relationship between public interest law and public health areas.
- Brad Smith works in our Products Liability and Personal Injury departments, representing the rights of individuals who sustain injuries because of negligence. He is part of the team of lawyers who have secured multi-million dollar recoveries for our injured clients. Notably, Brad is also the recipient of numerous writing honors, which have resulted in his publication in many well-respected professional and academic journals.
Philadelphia Lawyers at Galfand Berger, LLP Help Injured Victims
If you have been injured and need legal help, call or write to speak with one of our Super Lawyers or Rising Star attorneys. With offices located in Philadelphia, Bethlehem, Lancaster, and Reading, Galfand Berger serves clients throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. To schedule a consultation, call us at 800-222-8792 or complete our online contact form.