Attorney Gabriela Raful Discusses Auto Accidents and Auto Insurance on BCTV
On October 7, 2015 Galfand Berger attorney, Gabriela Raful, appeared on BCTV to discuss Auto Accidents and Auto Insurance. BCTV is a News Station Serving Berks County and Reading Pennsylvania.
Gabby discussed what to do in the event of an auto accident, including:
- notify the police immediately
- get the contact information and insurance of the other driver
- obtain the names and addresses of witnesses
- seek medical attention
- notify your doctor and insurance company
- document the damage to your car
Gabby also explained that you should not speak with anyone except the police and your medical providers until you contact an attorney. This is especially true when it involves the other driver’s insurance company. Additionally, Gabby advised that you avoid moving your car and leaving the scene of the accident.
Finally, Gabby discussed how different types of insurances impact potential auto insurance coverage, explaining such issues as underinsurance.
She explained the types of coverage:
- Liability – covers another driver’s injury
- Property – covers damage to another driver’s car
- Medical – You and your family’s medical bills
- Uninsured Motorist – injuries where the other driver has no insurance
- Underinsured Motorist – injuries where another driver has limited insurance
- Full or Limited Tort – your right to claim for injuries
- Loss of Income – 80% of your actual lost wages
- Funeral benefits – your funeral costs
- Accidental Death – Death Benefit
- Collision – Damage to your car
- Comprehensive – theft or fire loss
- Extraordinary medical loss – Medical bills over $100,000, covers next $1,000,000
Gabby practices in the areas of employment and labor law, Workers’ Compensation, Social Security Disability, products liability, and personal injury. As a native of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, Gabriela is fluent in Spanish. By working with the Hispanic population in their native language, our clients do not have to worry about the language and cultural barrier, and can be confident they are getting the legal service they need.
To learn more about Gabriela, read her full bio here.