Galfand Berger: 2010 Recovery Highlights
Galfand Berger has been representing injured people for over 65 years. We are fierce advocates for those hurt by the careless and reckless behavior of corporations, insurance companies, employers and individuals.
Our achievements in Workers’ Compensation, defective products and machinery, construction accidents, medical malpractice, auto accidents, workplace discrimination, and fall cases have provided justice for people facing devastating physical, emotional and financial injuries.
Indeed, Galfand Berger has a long history of raising the bar for obtaining verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients. Our record of success is demonstrated time after time. In 2010 alone, we recovered nearly 16 million dollars for people hurt through the bad behavior of others. Here are some recent examples:
- Three Million Dollars for the estate of scrap yard worker fatally injured on the job because the railcar he was riding lacked federally mandated safety features, like grab bars, handholds and foot stirrups. This settlement is among the top 35 Pennsylvania recoveries in 2010!
- Confidential, multi-million dollar settlement for a worker who suffered a brain injury when he was struck in the head by a piece of cut wire that had recoiled out of a wire drawing machine
- Confidential, multi-million dollar recovery for a worker injured when he was crushed by a falling furnace door
- Confidential, six-figure medical malpractice settlement for the estate of a patient who died after transfer from the operating room
- $850,000 for a worker who suffered a foot-crush injury when a defectively designed vacuum lift machine dropped a steel plate on his foot
- Confidential six-figure settlement for a man who suffered a crush injury to his hand in unguarded rollers
- $285,000 recovery for a worker who injured his knee on an uneven surface during delivery to a store
- $275,000 settlement for a worker who injured his hand on paper handling equipment rollers
- $265,000 recovery for a worker who sustained leg fractures when he fell into material handling equipment
- $230,000 settlement for a worker suffering a crushed hand in food mixer machine
- $210,000 recovery for a truck driver injured by a warehouse door that detached, struck his shoulder and resulted in a torn rotator cuff
- $194, 500 recovery, with ongoing payment of medical bills, for a client who suffered a herniated disc, neck and back injuries following a workplace auto accident. We successfully fought employer’s attempt to suspend workers’ compensation benefits
- $184,500 settlement, with ongoing payment of medical bills, for a client who suffered crush injuries to his legs requiring two knee replacements. We fought employer’s efforts to halt workers’ compensation payments
- $150,000 recovery for the operator of a motor vehicle who suffered a closed head injury, neck and back injuries, loss of hearing and lacerations to his face and head when an owner’s horse ran into the front of his vehicle.
- $150,000 award, with ongoing medical treatment for six-months, stemming from our client’s claim for repetitive daily lifting of work material, which led to a herniated disc
- $149,500 recovery, plus payment of ongoing medical expenses, for our client who suffered back and head injuries.
- $130,000 recovery for a Longshore worker who injured his back when struck by fork truck
- $124,000 recovery for a Philadelphia Fire Fighter applicant refused a job because of his age
- $110,000 recovery for woman injured when forcibly removed from a bar by bouncers
Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and they have earned the recognition of their peers by selection to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyer and Rising Star lists.
If you or someone you know has been injured, trust your case to the experienced attorneys at Galfand Berger, LLP. Call our toll free number at 1-800-222-USWA (8792) for a free consultation.