National Association of Distinguished Counsel Honors Galfand Berger Attorneys
The National Association of Distinguished Counsel (NADC) inducted four Galfand Berger attorneys — Debra Jensen, Michael Malvey, Richard Jurewicz and Peter Patton — into the Nation’s Top One Percent. The NADC reserves this honor to the top 1% of attorneys across the country after a detailed vetting process.
The Four Stages of Nomination
To be included in the Nation’s Top One Percent, attorneys must pass through four different stages. They are:
- Nomination: current or former clients, members of the NADC or fellow attorneys nominate candidates for the Nation’s Top One Percent.
- Vetting process: after nomination, each prospective attorney undergoes a complex vetting process. NADC researchers analyze information including client reviews, public attorney profiles and case results. NADC considers other factors, like years of practice, trial experience, education, and professional awards and memberships.
- Analysis by a blue ribbon panel of attorneys: attorneys involved in the analysis process create a final list of potential candidates for the last stage of review.
- Judicial review board: after the blue ribbon panel submits its final list of candidates, a judicial review board comprised of former judges determines who is – and is not – to be included in the Nation’s Top One Percent Group list.
Meet Our Nation’s Top One Percent Attorneys!
- Debra Jensen is the Managing Partner (as well as a Senior Partner) at Galfand Berger. She is a fierce advocate for injured workers, victims of medical malpractice and strives to secure essential worker rights. When her peers unanimously elected her as the Managing Partner in 1999, Deb became one of just three women to serve at this level of partnership across all Philadelphia law firms.
- Michael Malvey, a Senior Partner at Galfand Berger, handles a variety of legal case types, including motor vehicle and premises liability matters. Proficient in Spanish, Mike is also passionate about representing members of the Latino and Hispanic community. He serves as Chairperson on Esperanza Immigration Legal Services’ Board of Directors and is involved in other non-profit community outreach efforts as well.
- Richard Jurewicz, a Senior Partner, is a skilled trial attorney who has secured some of the largest financial recoveries in Galfand Berger’s history. In addition to being named as a member of the Nation’s Top One Percent, Rick was also selected as one of Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers Top 100 list – as well as being picked as one of Philadelphia’s top 100 attorneys.
- Peter Patton is another of the firm’s Senior Partners with decades of trial and litigation experience. He has achieved numerous multi-million dollar settlements for victims of construction accidents and product liability cases.
If you have legal questions for Debra, Peter, Richard or Michael you can submit an online inquiry or contact a representative at our firm directly.
Philadelphia Lawyers at Galfand Berger, LLP Help Injured Victims
If you have been injured, and need legal help, contact our firm. With offices located in Philadelphia, Bethlehem, Lancaster and Reading, Galfand Berger serves clients throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. To schedule a consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers in Philadelphia, call us at 800-222-8792 or complete our online contact form.