Client Killed in Apartment Fire
Our client lived in a multi-unit apartment building. An early morning fire ravaged her building. When firefighters pulled our unconscious client from the fire, it was clear she had suffered severe smoke inhalation and burn injuries. An ambulance transported our client to a hospital where she later died.
Evidence confirms that the electrical fire originated in an unoccupied apartment undergoing renovation. The two building complex had ten apartments spread over three floors. There were only two smoke detectors.
After a thorough review of the matter, our firm settled the case for a confidential amount.