Philadelphia Personal Injury Law Firm: Notable Recoveries for 2015
Fighting For You
Since 1947, Galfand Berger has been a voice for injured workers, consumers and individuals. We are proud of the many recoveries we’ve made for our clients this year. While these recoveries will never make our clients whole, they help calm some of the medical, emotional and economic turmoil that a devastating injury brings with it. Below are just a sampling of our firm recoveries:
- Rick Jurewicz obtained a $5 million recovery for the family of a man fatally injured when an 1800 pound paper roll crushed him. The paper roll had been improperly loaded and secured. Simple precautions could have prevented a senseless death.
- Debra Jensen negotiated a $2 million settlement for our client who suffered devastating leg injuries when he was hit by heavy construction equipment. The operator of the equipment broke commonsense driving rules and industry standards by failing to “look both ways.”
- Peter Patton and Debra Jensen partnered in an industrial products case in which a machine malfunctioned, pinning our client against a wall and killing him. Pete and Deb recovered over $1.5 million for our client’s family.
- Mike Malvey negotiated a $900,000 settlement for our client, a passenger in a rental car who was badly hurt in a guardrail accident.
- Arthur Bugay obtained a $500,000 recovery for our client whose leg was crushed when a heavy metal safe fell over during unloading, causing serious physical injuries.
- Arthur Bugay recovered $400,000 for our client who suffered amputation injuries while using a table saw that lacked proper safeguards for users.
- Michael McGurrin obtained a $290,000 recovery on behalf of our client, whose husband died at work when a toxic chemical exposure caused his fatal heart attack.
- Michael Malvey recovered $250,000 for our client who broke her ankle when she slipped on a wet floor in a hotel lobby.
- Michael Malvey negotiated a $230,000.00 settlement for a warehouse worker who was struck by a forklift and suffered injuries to his lower leg.
- Michael McGurrin obtained a $185,000 recovery for our client who suffered severe arm injuries when he fell on stairs at his job.
- Michael McGurrin recovered $170,000 for our client who was injured in a motor vehicle accident while driving in the course and scope of her employment.
- Arthur Bugay recovered $150,000 for our client who suffered elbow injuries while using a defective road saw.
- Michael McGurrin secured a $140,000 settlement for our client, a construction worker who sustained a work-related low back injury caused by heaving lifting.
- Gabriela Raful negotiated a $140,000 settlement for our client, who suffered head injuries in a trucking accident.
- Gabriela Raful obtained a $125,000 recovery for our client who suffered back injuries but continued to work in a light duty capacity.
If you or a loved one has been injured, please call Philadelphia personal injury law firm of Galfand Berger at 1-800-222-8792 or contact us online to speak with an experienced attorney.