Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyers Offer Tips for Safe Thanksgiving Travel
November 17, 2014
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and many Americans will be heading home for the holiday. The long Thanksgiving weekend is one of the busiest travel times of the year. Tragically, most car accident fatalities also occur around the Thanksgiving holiday. The following tips can help keep you and your family safe during holiday travel.
- Always wear your seatbelt when driving.
- Insist that all passengers use seatbelts.
- Children should be buckled in age appropriate child safety seats at all times.
- Children ages 12 and under must ride in the back seat.
- Be sure that your brakes, wipers, headlights, taillights, and tires are in good working order.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Drive within the posted speed limit.
- Slow down during inclement weather.
- Make sure you are well rested before a long drive.
- Avoid all cell phone use while driving. If necessary, pull over to use your phone.
Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyers at Galfand Berger LLP Wish All Families a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving
Unfortunately, not all accidents can be avoided. If you have been involved in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence you may entitled to seek compensation for any injuries you sustain. Families who have lost a loved one in a fatal car accident may wish to file a wrongful death claim against the liable driver. The personal injury lawyers in Philadelphia at Galfand Berger understand how devastating a car accident can be during the holidays. Our experienced Philadelphia car accident lawyers will review your case and help you determine the best course of action for you and your family. Our offices are located in Philadelphia, Reading, and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Galfand Berger LLP has been successfully representing car accident victims in Pennsylvania and New Jersey since 1947. Call our offices at 1-800-222-8792 or contact us online to schedule a free, no obligation consultation.