Pennsylvania Personal Injury Lawyers
Serving Allentown, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, all of Pennsylvania & New Jersey
Our areas of practice include:
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Business Torts
- Construction Accidents
- Hand Injury
- Medical Device and Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Employment Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- Social Security Disability
We, at Galfand Berger, have found the best way to serve our clients is to focus on select areas of practice. By doing this, each of our personal injury attorneys is able to concentrate on certain disciplines and keeps abreast of trends and changes in the law in an effort to obtain the best results for you. Practically everyone, at one time or other, will need legal representation. The type of legal problem you have will determine the kind of lawyer you need. Our lawyers have handled personal injury lawsuits and negotiated injury settlements in Philadelphia, throughout Pennsylvania and in New Jersey. We have the experience you need on your side if you have been the victim of some type of personal injury.
Our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers are happy to answer any questions and review your case for free. Please call us at 1-800-222-USWA (8792) to schedule a consultation with one of our qualified Philadelphia personal injury attorneys or complete our short contact form and a member of our firm will contact you. There is no fee unless we recover money for you.
Each type of auto accident has its own distinct set of circumstances and concerns. In 2007, Pennsylvania saw 1,525 people killed as a result of traffic accidents. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, every hour, 150 children alone (age 0 to 19) are treated in emergency rooms across the country for injuries from motor vehicle crashes, more than any other type of injury.
If you have been involved in an auto accident you need an injury law firm with qualified Philadelphia car accident lawyers who will make sure your rights are protected and that you receive full compensation for your injuries. At Galfand Berger our Philadelphia personal injury lawyers have experience with cases involving:
- Car accidents: In 2007, 62 people were killed in passenger car and light truck accidents in Philadelphia County. An additional 74 people were killed in single vehicle crashes. In the state of Pennsylvania, over 50 thousand passenger car crashes resulted in injuries
- Truck accidents: In 2007, there were 178 fatal heavy truck crashes on Pennsylvania’s roadways, interstate highways and turnpike, and over 3000 truck crashes resulting in injury. Philadelphia trucking accidents accounted for a significant percentage of these figures. These statistics are not surprising, considering the size of trucks and the stressful nature of the drivers’ responsibilities on the roads, highways and turnpikes. Our personal injury lawyers know that, in many truck accidents, liability does not necessarily fall solely on the truck’s driver. Our injury attorneys have the necessary experience to be able to view the full scope of the accident.
- Pedestrian accidents: In 2007, Philadelphia County saw 34 pedestrians killed in accidents involving motor vehicles. In the entire state of Pennsylvania, pedestrian-related crashes represented 3.6% of the total reported traffic crashes and accounted for 10.4% of all traffic crash deaths.
- Bicycle accidents: In Philadelphia County alone, 5 cyclists were killed in vehicle accidents in 2007. Within the state of Pennsylvania, bicycle crashes represented 1.1% of all reported crashes, resulting in 20 bicyclist deaths and 1,426 injuries. Because of the severity of bicycle injuries, damages can extend well beyond just the medical costs associated with the injury. If you have been involved in a bicycle crash, you need an experienced Philadelphia personal injury lawyer who understands the unique nature of bicycle accidents.
Business torts refer to the area of law that involves a wide range of claims and disputes that can develop in business ownership, business transactions and business management. Specifically, business torts involve wrongdoings or misconduct that occur in a business relationship. An individual or company engages in a business practice that is considered unethical, unjust or dishonest that results in an economic or business loss.
Construction is inherently hazardous work, and if unsafely done, can cause serious personal injury or death. There are so many ways a worker can be injured in a construction accident. The Philadelphia construction accident lawyers of Galfand Berger are also experienced Workers’ Compensation attorneys who can help to protect the rights of workers who have been involved in construction accidents in Philadelphia, throughout Pennsylvania and in New Jersey.
- Building Collapse Accidents: A building collapse is a catastrophic construction accident often occurring during construction, renovations and demolition activities. It puts at risk the safety of workers, passersby, and inhabitants of the buildings as well as neighboring structures. A building collapse can be caused by issues in the design, too much weight placed on the structure, inferior building materials, poor foundation, or the failure to take proper care by a construction company.
- Electrical injuries: The human body is a good conductor of electricity. When you work around electricity, you are prone to injuries, from minor burns to death. Our injury attorneys know how to use expert resources to determine liability and help you collect the awards that you deserve.
- Falling objects: Even the smallest object can cause serious personal injury when falling from a great height. A small nut or bolt can become like a bullet, severely injuring or even killing anyone in its path. Larger items, such as heavy tools, can cause severe crushing injuries. Our injury lawyers have the experience to make sure you are compensated for all your losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, and long-term care.
- Forklift accidents: If you operate a forklift, or even if you just work on sites where forklifts are used, you know some of the dangers associated with this heavy equipment. While it may seem that the forklift driver would be liable for any accident, in fact the driver may have only partial liability. It is critical that your personal injury lawyer understands the complicated issues associated with forklift accidents
- Highway injuries: Highway construction crews face all the risks associated with other construction sites, but they also deal with another potentially deadly element: fast-moving vehicles. If you are injured by a car when working on a road construction site, your injury law firm must also have experience handling auto accident cases. At Galfand Berger our auto accident lawyers have handled accident lawsuits and negotiated settlements in Philadelphia, throughout Pennsylvania and in New Jersey.
- Injuries from falls: The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that there were 447 fatal injuries from falls on construction sites in 2007. While the nature of construction work, particularly work on buildings, increases the risk of serious injuries from falls, many accidents are caused by improper site maintenance. Determining legal liability in this type of case can be complex. Our personal injury attorneys will use their construction site accident expertise and explore all avenues to help obtain fair compensation for your injuries.
- Power line injuries: Power line accident injuries are particularly susceptible to litigation because conflicting studies have indicated that exposure to high-voltage may result in future health problems and illnesses, including cancer, tumors, and increased susceptibility to disease in children. Only a personal injury lawyer with experience in this type of construction site injury case understands how to handle the details to protect you after the accident and if related health problems occur in the future.
Our injury attorneys in Philadelphia have a strong record when it comes to helping the victims of arm and hand injuries. Often hand injuries are caused by accidents at work involving improperly guarded machinery or are sustained as the result of an auto accident, burn, or fall. If you have suffered a hand injury in Philadelphia or anywhere in the country, our Pennsylvania personal injury attorneys can help you receive compensation.
Defectively designed medical products such as prescription drugs or medical devices can cause injury, illness and death. Galfand Berger has successfully represented patients and their families in cases in which suffering and injury occurred as a result of defectively designed, manufactured, or labeled products. You can trust that our Pennsylvania injury attorneys will work with expert doctors and scientists to make sure that the best recovery possible is obtained for our clients.
Medical malpractice occurs when a health care provider is negligent (either performing or omitting something that is considered standard medical practice) and through that negligence, causes injury to the patient. When mistakes happen, our Philadelphia medical malpractice attorneys can help you file a claim. Legal action can be taken against the healthcare professionals themselves, doctors, nurses, aides, psychiatrists, dentists and others, as well as hospitals, nursing homes or other institutions. Our Philadelphia injury lawyers have won lawsuits and settlements for victims of medical malpractice in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
With the growth of nursing homes in the population unfortunately cases of nursing home neglect, abuse and injury become more common. Our personal injury attorneys have experience in representing victims of nursing home abuse and neglect and we can provide excellent representation to such a victim and their families.
If you are injured in an accident caused by the dangerous condition on the property of another, you may be able to file a claim against the owner, landlord or tenant who was supposed to maintain the premises where the injury occurred. The person injured as a result of a dangerous or defective condition of may also file a claim against persons other than the building owner, the landlord or tenant, or a builder or contractor who may also be responsible for injuries. An experienced Philadelphia premises liability lawyer from Galfand Berger can assist you in any of the following premises liability lawsuits:
- Amusement Park Accidents: With so many people visiting amusement parks, injuries are bound to happen. While it doesn’t happen often, patrons suffer serious injuries at amusement parks, water parks, entertainment complexes, and sports facilities. Our Philadelphia injury lawyers are experienced in representing victims of serious injury and death due to amusement park accidents.
- Crime Victim Rights: Often even if a crime victim is able to witness the perpetrator receive just punishment, the victim is left with physical, psychological, monetary losses and no compensation. Damages can be recovered if the perpetrator is financially responsible or has an insurance policy to cover the claim and recovery can also be made against a third party.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident at a commercial property due to dangerous or hazardous conditions, it is important that you have a personal injury law firm with experienced injury attorneys who understand your rights and have experience negotiating with property owners and their insurance companies.
If a product has caused an injury to you or someone you love either because of unsafe design, a manufacturing defect or the failure to provide proper instructions, an injury lawsuit can be filed. Our Philadelphia products liability attorneys are experienced in representing victims of serious injury or death due to unsafe products.
- Flammable Clothing: Flammable clothing can cause serious and permanent injury and death. If the victim’s clothing caught fire as a result of the clothing having high flammability, lawsuits can be filed against the parties who were involved in the chain of distribution of the clothing as well as the person who started the fire or the company that sold that product responsible for igniting the fire.
- Forklift Trucks: While forklifts are necessary tools for people who operate them and those who work around them, they cause many deaths and serious injury. Our Pennsylvania personal injury lawyers know that accidents caused by forklifts are predictable and can be prevented by a safer design and the installation of available safeguards. We are experienced in representing victims of injury or death due to a forklift truck.
- Machinery & Equipment: If a machine is sold in an unsafe condition, either due to a manufacturing defect or a design defect, and the machine injures someone, that person has an injury claim against the manufacturer, supplier or the distributor of the machine. Our Philadelphia product liability lawyers are experienced in representing victims of unsafe machinery and equipment.
- Power Tools: If a power tool is unsafe due to a manufacturing defect or design defect, and the power tool injures someone, that person has a claim against the manufacturer, supplier and the distributor. If you have suffered an injury from an unsafe or defective power tool our Philadelphia product liability attorneys can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Protective Equipment: The manufacturer, supplier and seller of personal protective equipment has a duty to manufacture, supply and sell the equipment in a safe condition or a condition safe for all foreseeable uses, containing no unsafe elements. We are a personal injury law firm that is experienced in representing victims of serious injury or death due to the unsafe personal protective equipment.
Under Chapter VII of the Civil Rights Act of the United States and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act an employee has the right to be free from discrimination in the workplace. However discrimination still occurs in regards to wages, hours, bonus and job assignment. The Philadelphia employment law attorneys at Galfand Berger represent employees who have experienced discrimination because of their age, race, sex, national origin, religious affiliation, military status, disability or pregnancy.
Our Philadelphia Workers’ Compensation attorneys are dedicated to helping people who find their world changed by a workplace accident, injury or exposure. We help injured workers receive benefits, and protect them when the employer or the insurance company tries to take away their benefits. The reason our practice has grown is because satisfied clients as well as union representatives have recommended their family members, friends and fellow workers.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) administers two disability programs for individuals who are disabled: Social Security Disability (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). SSDI benefits are paid to individuals who are disabled due to illnesses or medical conditions that prevent them from performing most jobs. Disabled individuals may also be eligible for SSI benefits based on certain financial and residency criteria. SSDI and SSI claims are often complex and difficult, requiring the assistance of a knowledgeable Social Security benefits attorney.
Contact Our Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you are seeking legal counsel or representation for a personal injury matter in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or New Jersey, our compassionate Philadelphia personal injury attorneys are happy to answer your questions and discuss this matter with you. You can call us toll free 1-800-222-USWA (8792) to schedule an appointment with a qualified Philadelphia personal injury lawyer or complete a short form and a member of our firm will contact you. There is no fee or costs unless we recover money for you.